PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Can one even imagine where the musical theater would be without Oscar Hammerstein? Just think about that question. From the groundbreaking Show Boat to the even more groundbreaking Oklahoma!, Mr. Hammerstein truly changed the course and face of musicals. Ben Bagley’s Oscar Hammerstein Revisited was one of the most interesting albums in the series, with a superb cast, including Cab Calloway, Blossom Dearie, Alfred Drake, E.Y. Harburg, Dorothy Loudon, Patrice Munsel, Elaine Stritch, and Gloria Swanson. The album is filled with Hammerstein lyrics with any number of great composers, and not the usual hits, but the treasures Ben unearthed. The musical direction by Norman Paris is, as is always the case with his work for Ben, truly wonderful. Ben said of Mr. Paris, “The finest of all the musical arrangers I’ve worked with, Norman Paris is a non pareil and blue chip.”
We’re in the final throes of the Bagley releases, and what a treat it has been to re-release these and have them out in the world again. As we’ve done for all these releases, we’ve considerably spruced up the sound for this new release. And the cover art is, of course, by the great Harvey Schmidt.
OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN REVISITED is limited to 500 copies
1. We’ve Got Something Gloria Swanson, Dorothy Loudon, and the Patios
2. Lonely Feet Blossom Dearie and Alfred Drake
3. No Wonder I’m Blue Dorothy Loudon
4. Totem Tom-Tom Elaine Stritch
5. Somebody Wants to Go to Sleep Patrice Munsel
6. Eleven Levee Street Blossom Dearie
7. Sweetest Sight I’ve Ever Seen E.Y. Harburg
8. I’m One of God’s Children Dorothy Loudon and the Patios
9. Toodle-Do Blossom Dearie and Arthur Siegel
10. Little Hindoo Man Dorothy Loudon and the Patios
11. We Were So Young Gloria Swanson
12. When I’ve Got the Moon Blossom Dearie and Cab Calloway
13. My Best Love Alfred Drake
14. That’s Love Blossom Dearie
15. All in Fun Elaine Stritch
16. Dance, My Darlings Patrice Munsel
17. Grand Finale Dorothy Loudon and the Patios
Musical Direction and Arrangements by Norman Paris
Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein
Music by Music by Lewis Alter, Rudolf Friml, Jerome Kern, Richard Rodgers, Sigmund Romberg, Herbert Stothart
Additional lyrics by E.Y. Harburg, Lorenz Hart