PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late March and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Beat Records is proud to reissue the classic OST by Ennio Morricone for the Western movie “Il mercenario” (aka “The Mercenary”), Ennio Morricone composed a wonderful soundtrack for a genre for which he has written immortal masterpieces. The Roman Maestro surrounded himself with his usual collaborators such as Bruno Nicolai for the conducting of the orchestra, I Cantori Moderni Choir, and Alessandro Alessandroni for his famous whistling. For this CD, lasting 38:14, the original stereo master tape assembled for the 33rpm of the time was used, since to this day the complete recording sessions remain missing. Following a dramatic introduction by the winds, “Bamba vivace (Main Titles)” develops with an excited mariachi for orchestra and choir. An atmosphere of suspended mystery is provided by the whistle, orchestra and castanets in "Estasi," "Il mercenario," "The Mercenary (Reprise)," and ”The Mercenary (Reprise Terza)." A moment of great romanticism and heroism is reached in "Libertà," a thrilling piece with the intervention of the Cantori Moderni. “Paco” takes up the choral Mexican motif of the opening credits, and “Ricciolo” is a piece for guitars and castanets with the melody of the organ. The climax of the soundtrack is "The Mercenary (L'arena)," arranged with whistle and castanets, trumpet and electric guitar that introduce a heroic motif for orchestra and chorus of Mexican flavor, also used by Quentin Tarantino in "Kill Bill Vol.2” in 2004. There is no shortage of Mexican folk music such as “Sueno Mejicano," “Fiesta (Mariachi)," and “Canto a mi Tierra," plus a waltz for the party scene. This CD is essential for any collection dedicated to the musical art of Ennio Morricone and the Italian Western genre.
Mastering and liner notes by Claudio Fuiano, graphic layout by Daniele De Gemini
1. Bamba Vivace (Titoli Di Testa) 2:13
2. Estasi 2:01
3. Il Mercenario (Sueno Mejicano) 2:29
4. Fiesta (Mariachi) 0:55
5. Il Mercenario (Ripresa) 2:07
6. Canto A Mia Tierra 3:12
7. Il Mercenario 1:33
8. Libertà 4:13
9. Il Mercenario (Sueno Mejicano 2) 1:47
10. Fiesta (Valzer) 1:45
11. Notte Di Nozze 1:19
12. Il Mercenario (Ripresa Terza) 2:09
13. Il Mercenario (Suspense) 2:15
14. Paco 2:30
15. Ricciolo 2:25
16. Il Mercenario (L'Arena) 4:44