PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid February and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Music by Jerome Kern
Lyrics by Anne Caldwell, Dorothy Fields, Oscar Hammerstein, Otto Harbach, Johnny Mercer, James T. Tanner, P.J. Wodehouse
There are certain composers whose music never ages. Times and styles may change, but somehow certain music lives on because the voice of the composer somehow remains fresh and unique, seeming to defy time. Jerome Kern was one of those composers. From his early shows to the groundbreaking and legendary Show Boat to Roberta and Very Warm for May, and his brilliant songs for the Astaire/Rogers film musical Swing Time, Kern created some of the most glorious melodies ever written.
This is the third volume in Ben Bagley’s Jerome Kern Revisited series and features some wonderful rarities. As always, the Revisited albums don’t feature the hits – the point was always the unsung songs, and Ben unearthed some great gems. He assembled a an interesting cast for this one, including Kaye Ballard, Dody Goodman, Bruce Hubbard and other terrific singers, and Dennis Deal was responsible for the arrangements and orchestrations. The previous CD release was one of the few that did not have any extra material on it, so for this release we’ve added four Kern songs that Bagley recorded that never made it onto CD.
And as with our other Bagley releases, we have spruced up the sound quite a bit, as the quality of the original LPs and their subsequent CD releases was never optimal, sound-wise. And, of course, the classic cover art is by the one and only Harvey Schmidt, whose paintings help make this series so unique. -KRITZERLAND
1. The Land of Let’s Pretend Blythe Walker
2. Bunch and Judy/Morning Glory/Every Day in Every Way Arthur Siegel and Chorus
3. Don’t You Want to Take Me? Susan Kreutzer
4. Left All Alone Again Blues Armelia McQueen
5. Tulip Time in Sing Sing Arthur Siegel
6. Music in the Air Medley:
Morning Glory Chorus
One More Dance – Night Flies By Arthur Siegel & Chorus
We Belong Together Sarah Rice & Angelina Reaux
And Love Was Born Craig Pomranz
I’m Alone Sarah Rice
When the Spring is in the Air Angelina Reaux & Chorus
7. Buggy Riding Kaye Ballard & Arthur Siegel
8. Our Song Blythe Walker
9. Same Sort of Girl/You Said Something Kaye Ballard & Arthur Siegel
10. A Heart for Sale Adelle Sardi
11. Two Hearts Are Better Than One Ann Hampton Callaway
12. Out There in an Orchard Dody Goodman
13. Gentlemen Unafraid Medley:
Abe Lincoln Has Just One Country Bruce Hubbard & Male Chorus
How Would I Know? Armelia McQueen & Entire Company
14. The Land Where the Good Songs Go Ann Hampton Callaway & Chorus
15. Epilogue Blythe Walker
16. Cover Girl Larry Conroy
17. Dance Like a Fool Andy Anselmo
18. Nice to Be Near David Gebel
19. Once in a Million Blythe Walker
Musical Direction and Arrangements by Dennis Deal