PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of October 25, 2021 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Beat Records is happy to release on CD the OST composed by Ennio Morricone for the 1971 Giallo movie “Gli occhi freddi della paura” (aka “The Cold Eyes of Fear”), directed by Enzo G.Castellari with a screenplay by Enzo G. Castellari, Leo Anchóriz and Tito Carpi, photography by Antonio L. Ballesteros, editing by Vincenzo Tomassi and starring Giovanna Ralli, Gianni Garko, Fernando Rey, Julián Mateos, Karin Schubert, Frank Wolff , Franco Marletta, Leonardo Scavino and starring Giovanna Ralli, Frank Wolff, Julián Mateos, Fernando Rey and Karin Schubert.
The plot - Peter Badel, the young son of a judge, arrives back home with his girlfriend Anna and is held captive by two criminals who'd been lying in wait after killing the servant. The older of the two criminals, who'd been sentenced by Peter’s father to fifteen years in jail, plans to kill the judge when he returns home by blowing up the house with an explosive device. Peter and his girlfriend try everything in their power to communicate with the outside world, but their efforts are in vain. Desperate, the young man causes a short circuit that leaves the house in complete darkness. In the ensuing climactic fight scene, the two criminals and the girlfriend are killed, and Peter, the only survivor, battered and bleeding, awaits his father’s return.
The music - Ennio Morricone composed a score of the experimental kind, conducted by Bruno Nicolai and performed by Gruppo di improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza. With just a few instruments performing a sort of conversation, the Maestro effectively creates an avant- garde atmosphere, suspended and rarefied, alternating with other violent clashes of sound that provide the ideal background to the situation of pure terror in which the protagonists find themselves. For the making of this CD (with a total length of 55:54), the stereo master tapes of the original session were used, providing another discographic tribute to the musical art of Ennio Morricone and the cinematic art of director Enzo G. Castellari.
CD comes in jewel case with transparent tray, liner notes by Fabio Babini, mastering by Claudio Fuiano and graphic layout by Daniele De Gemini.
1. Seguita 3:13
2. Gli occhi freddi della paura 3:29
3. Evaporazioni 2:20
4. Notte e misteri 1:44
5. Urla nel nulla 3:16
6. Folla folle 3:39
7. Evanescente 4:10
8. Dal sogno e ritorno 2:35
9. Ritorno all’inizio 3:20
10. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#2) 2:42
11. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#3) 2:06
12. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#4) 1:40
13. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#5) 2:19
14. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#6) 1:24
15. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#7) 4:30
16. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#8) 1:47
17. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#9) 1:03
18. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#10) 3:27
19. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#11) 1:35
20. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#12) 3:32
21. Gli occhi freddi della paura (#13) 2:03