PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late March and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents WALLENBERG: A HERO’S STORY, featuring music composed and conducted by Ernest Gold (EXODUS, TOM HORN, ON THE BEACH) for the 1985 television film directed by Lamont Johnson, based on the books written by Thurston B. Clarke, Gerald Green and Frederick E. Werbell, starring Richard Chamberlain, Alice Krige, Kenneth Colley, Melanie Mayron, Stuart Wilson, Bibi Andersson, David Robb, Mark Rylance, Ralph Arliss and Keve Hjelm.
WALLENBERG: A HERO’S STORY, broadcast over two evenings in April, 1985 tells the true story of Raoul Wallenberg, a Swedish diplomat who was instrumental in saving thousands of Hungarian Jews from the Nazi Holocaust. The film stars Richard Chamberlain as Raoul Wallenberg, Alice Krige as Baroness Lisl Kemeny, Kenneth Colley as Adolf Eichmann, Melanie Mayron as Sonja Kahn, Stuart Wilson as Baron Gabor Kemeny, and Bibi Andersson as Maj von Dardel. The three-hour, twenty-minute picture won four Emmy Awards and was nominated for five more.
WALLENBERG: A HEROS’ STORY was one of the last major works composed by the great Austrian born composer Ernest Gold, who came to the United States from Vienna in 1938, prompted by Hitler’s invasion of Austria, and started working as a piano accompanist and as a popular songwriter in New York City. Growing disillusioned by songwriting, Gold headed west in 1945, following an interest in writing music for Hollywood films. He was quickly put to work as a composer for Columbia Pictures in 1945. After enduring the assembly-line production of numerous B-movies, Gold achieved acclaim with a number of scores for Stanley Kramer at United Artists. ON THE BEACH was the first of ten films Gold composed for the director, followed by JUDGMENT AT NUREMBURG and IT’S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD. Three of his scores received Academy Award nominations; he won his Oscar for best score for Otto Preminger’s EXODUS.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents WALLENBERG: A HERO’S STORY, featuring music composed and conducted by Ernest Gold, appearing for the very first time on compact disc. The music has been mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland and the liner notes have been written by author Randall Larson.
WALLENBERG: A HERO’S STORY is a limited edition release of 500 units. WALLENBERG: A HERO’S STORY is expected to begin shipping the week of March 13th, 2023.
1. Opening Prologue / Main Title / Watching Soldiers / Nikki’s New Identity (3:42)
2. Raoul Says Goodbye To Mother / Raoul Watches The Death Train Depart / Nikki and Hannah / Hungarians Turn The Train Around (3:16)
3. Raoul Opens The Swedish Embassy / Raoul Mocks Eichmann / Raoul and Lisl Meet For Coffee (3:54)
4. Refuge At The Embassy / Infiltrating the Labor Camp / Hannah Finds Her Father / Raoul At Gunpoint (2:48)
5. Lisl Is Pregnant / I Want Him Dead / Failed Assassination Attempt / Germans Empty Refuge House / Death March Begins / Nikki Watches Hannah / Sonja And Son (3:31)
6. Raoul And Lisl Kiss (2:17)
7. [The March Part A] Nikki Grabs Hannah / Father Executed / [The March Part B] Raoul Watches From Inside Car (5:14)
8. (The March Part C] Arrival At The Train Station / Loading The Trucks / Sonja’s Son Dies (4:50)
9. Raoul And Lisl Toast To Friendship (My Forgotten Spy) / Freedom Restored / Raoul Is Arrested /End Titles (5:26)
10. Bumper Suite (0:23)
11. Restaurant Source (4:14)
12. Restaurant Band Source (4:36)
13. Classical Radio Source / Coffee Shop Source (4:56)
14. Cocktail Party Source A (Waltz) (3:30)
15. Cocktail Party Source B (Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread) (5:19)
16. Cocktail Party Source C (4:32)
17. Campfire Dance Source / Dinner Party Source (2:24)
18. Hannah’s Flute Source / Jewish Music Society Rehearsal (1:04)
19. Main Title / End Title Suite (5:52)
Total Disc Time: 67:41