PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Dragon’s Domain Records, to be distributed through buysoundtrax.com presents the original motion picture soundtrack to SORCERESS, featuring music composed by Chuck Cirino for the 1995 horror film directed by Jim Wynorski, written by Mark Thomas McGee and starring Linda Blair, Edward Albert, Julie Strain, Michael Parks, Larry Poindexter, Lenny Juliano, Rochelle Swanson, Toni Naples, William Marshall, Antonia Dorian, Kristi Ducati, Melissa Brasselle and Fred Olen Ray in the role of Bill Carson. GHOULIES IV continues the longtime collaboration between filmmaker Jim Wynorski and composer Chuck Cirino, which includes films such as CHOPPING MALL, DEATHSTALKER II, NOT OF THIS EARTH, TRANSYLVANIA TWIST, RETURN OF SWAMP THING, A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS, A DOGGONE HOLLYWOOD and, most recently, A DOGGONE ADVENTURE.
Julie Strain stars as Erica, a sexy witch married to attorney Larry (Poindexter), who is on the fast track to a partnership in a prestigious law firm. Erica makes a fatal mistake when she tries to kill Larry’s main competition for the partnership, Howard (Albert), instead crippling him for life. It so happens Howard’s wife Amelia (Blair) is also a witch, and she tries to destroy everyone and everything in Larry’s life. When Larry accidentally knocks Erica off their bedroom balcony and she falls to her death, her wiccan spirit and sexual energies remain at large to exact her own revenge.
Continuing their longtime collaboration, composer Chuck Cirino came aboard to score SORCERESS. Looking for a European sound for the score, Cirino used vocalist Alexa Anastasia again, after a successful collaboration on GHOULIES IV.
Chuck Cirino did not start his career as a composer, but rather as a programmer in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania for a Public Access cable TV station, where he learned how to create TV shows by himself, without a crew. In his spare time, he experimented with the station’s video equipment and created a series of genre productions that allowed him the opportunity to learn how to incorporate special effects into his work. After relocating to California, Cirino transitioned into directing high-end special effects television commercials. His first work as composer was for the 1980 cult film GYPSY ANGELS, which starred Vanna White and Richard Roundtree. Since then he has scored films for Roger Corman, directed music videos for bands like Earth, Wind & Fire and The Dickies’ KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE, and has recorded over 40 music soundtracks for feature films including SORCERESS, HARD TO DIE, TRANSYLVANIA TWIST, and many others. Most recently, he has scored A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS, A DOGGONE HOLLYWOOD and A DOGGONE ADVENTURE.
Chuck has worked as a producer, director, filmmaker, videographer, animator, special effects technician, editor, and composer. He executive produces and directs WEIRD TV, a television series featuring weird Americans, bizarre news, unbelievable events and outlandish skits. Chuck’s credits also include executive producer and director of the Sci Fi Channel projects, WORLDWIDE WEIRD and WARPED IN SPACE, and BABERELLAS, an independent Sci Fi feature distributed by Xenon Pictures.
Dragon’s Domain Records is excited to bring SORCERESS to compact disc for the first time, mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland with exclusive liner notes by author Randall Larson, with the participation of the composer and the director.
SORCERESS is a limited edition release of 500 units.
1. Prologue and The Accident (3:38)
2. You’ll Never Be Rid of Me / Main Title (4:52)
3. Larry Comes Home / The Murder / Stan Runs (3:43)
4. Larry Finds Maria In Bed (W/Vocals) (1:53)
5. All the Way / Stan in the Shadows / Maria Exits / Stan Dies (3:20)
6. Carol’s Erotic Dream (3:13)
7. Amelia at the Altar / Amelia’s Dark Magic (2:19)
8. Maria Follows Larry (2:27)
9. Shower Time (2:18)
10. Amelia’s Madness (3:49)
11. The Final Rampage / Aftermath / Bad Dream (Finale) (5:39)
12. Sorceress End Credits (4:03)
13. Short Transitions (0:30)
14. Larry Finds Maria In Bed (W/O Vocals) (1:55)
Total Time: 44:16