PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early April and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Steiner – Das Eiserne Kreuz, Teil 2 (aka: Breakthrough) is a German-British movie from 1979.
Cast: Richard Burton, Robert Mitchum, Rod Steiger, Curd Jürgens, Klaus Löwitsch, Michael Parks, Werner Pochath, Horst Janson, Helmut Griem, Christoph Waltz (uncredited) and many more.
Following the immensely successful and profitable School Girl Report movies producer Wolf C. Hartwig could afford a much bigger international production: Steiner – Cross of Iron, based on a World War II novel, should be directed by none other than Sam Peckinpah. The music was supposed to come from the pen of Peter Thomas. Unfortunately, the two did not get along (interview with Peter Thomas in “Der Filmkomponist Peter Thomas” by Gerd Naumann, 2009 ibidem Verlag). In the end, the American composer Ernest Gold wrote the music. Despite several financial squabbles the film became a great international success in 1977.
A sequel followed quickly. It was directed by Andrew V. McLaglen and the score was now written by Peter Thomas. The new director and the composer hit it off right away. The title melody by Peter Thomas was released as a single by Ariola shortly after the film premiere in 1979. The film Steiner – Cross of Iron II, however, was unable to match the success of the previous part, despite the top-class cast.
Following Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra - Bruce Lee: The Big Boss and Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra - Winnetou and his friend Old Firehand.
Once again Adrian Keindorf is responsible for the illustrations digipack of the CD. -ALLSCORE MEDIA
1. THE IRON CROSS 02:06
2. STEINER THEME 04:14
3. LIEBESTRAUM SWING 01:09
4. CONSPIRATION 01:30
5. FRIENDSHIP MELODY (SECOND VERSION) 02:42
6. CAFÉ PARIS 01:17
7. THE IRON CROSS (FIGHT) 01:15
8. WIEGENLIED 02:15
9. STEINER FIGHTS HIS WAR (SUITE) 02:38
10. TANK ATTACK 02:14
11. COLONEL ROGERS THEME II 03:22
12. CAN-CAN PARIS 01:06
13. EIN HELLER UND EIN BATZEN 00:53
14. WAITING FOR THE EXPLOSION 01:50
15. COLONEL ROGERS THEME 03:18
16. RADIO PARIS 02:35
17. VICTORY SWING 01:23
18. FRIENDS IN PEACE 02:29